Wednesday 14 January 2015

The fish bowl challenge

Are your pottery exploits carried out at home? Or do you have to travel with your unfired goods to the nearest kiln by car. I fall into the latter category. I liken it to an episode of Top Gear where they have to drive with a bowl of goldfish on board, most likely the point being not to spill a drop of water on the way. I have found it helps immensely if you have a passenger to babysit your goodies, although who wants the responsibility. Last night I managed to get a hand sculpted cat to the studio. Its tail had already fallen off once before the trip but it arrived safely. I was lucky in that I had a driver and I was free to hold the fragile piece myself.
Well here is something to show for the evening. I turned this bowl then added the chickens. Something I've been wanting to do for ages. Can't wait to glaze and fire it.

2 comments:

  1. How delightful! You have a nice way with sculpting and design, can't wait to see this fired :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a way with birds. I think it's your affinity with them that make you able to so easily capture their likeness. Glazed and fired it will be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete