Friday 10 April 2015

Clay cat 2.0

I really don't know what makes me think I can make small fiddly things with my shaky hands. But I continue to put myself through it. Maybe it's the end results. Hmm. Anyway, think back to the cat I made for a friend (and I'm not a cat person) or rather let's not think back to it. Because I really wasn't all that happy with it. I was trying to make it look like an animated character and it just didn't translate. So it has been on my mind to get back into the clay and make a better one even though a cat isn't the sort of thing I would normally make. Well here we go, a result I think I may actually be happy with...
This project got bumped up in the schedule as I was unable to paint the letters on my stars (in the background of the photo) due to my underglaze order taking so long to get here that it must be arriving by camel train.

2 comments: